By investigating flow characteristics using experimental and numerical analysis methods, Yanmar research has achieved improved flowmixing in both the main chamber and the special mouth surrounding the injector. More efficient use of the incoming air charge results in cleaner burn and lower exhaust emissions.
FUEL INJECTION EQUIPMENT MECHANICAL PUMP
Instead of a PFR pump, a newly developed in-line pump has been used for the smaller TNV engines. Adjustments are made solely in the Yanmar`s own FIE factory ensuring precise compliance with regulations. Also the following features are incorporated: to conventional chambers.
- Increased force is applied by the governor to quicken the fuel controlling rack response time.
- Engine revs are more constant.
- Emissions have been reduced by controlling fuel injection timing according to engine load.
- Cam profiles are matched to nozzle throttle needs, which give a better-controlled injection rate.
- Emissions are reduced.
- Water Cooled by Radiator
- Vertical Multi Cylinder
- Most models Direct Injection (lower HP models IDI)
NOZZLE INSTALLATION ANGLE
The installation angle of the fuel injection nozzle is greater than that of conventional engines, so that uneven atomization of fuel between injections can be reduced. Excellent matching between intake swirl ratio and the shape of the combustion chamber results in uniform mixing of fuel in the combustion chamber. Therefore, performance including combustion efficiency, start ability, noise, and exhaust emission has been improved.
Fluid energy of the air and fuel charge is increased. The swirl effect produced in the chamber continues while combustion occurs, aiding mixing and results in lower exhaust emissions compared to conventional chambers.
FUEL INJECTION EQUIPMENT
A new MP pump has been developed especially for the TNV engine series. Our aim was to make improvements over a wide range of areas to even further reduce emissions. Features are:
- High injection pressure
- Use of a mono plunger reduces uneven injection between the cylinders.
- Timing Control Device system optimizes injection to take into account speeds, loads and the startup phase.
- New mechanical governor helps to maintain cleaner exhausts.
- Minimal variation from chosen revs at low speed using constant pressure valve.
FUEL INJECTION NOZZLE
Multiple numbers of very small holes are used to achieve uniform atomization.
- holes are not simply drilled, their inside edges are carefully rounded to promote even flow and direction of spray, also to reduce resistance.
- Low sack nozzle profile improves combustion. Double corn shape protects from cavitations.
CYLINDER BLOCK NOISE REDUCTION
Yanmar’s original CAE techniques have optimized the stiffness, minimized transformation, and reduced radiant noise.
MUFFLER NOISE REDUCTION
Original CAE technique is used to design a muffler with optimized volumes and sound isolation materials.
For more information, please go to the specific engine model.